The Borough Fire Department was organized April 15, 1895. Originally consisting of the Phoenix Steam Fire Company No.1 and Southwark Hose Company No. 9. In 1916 the East End Hose and Chemical Co. No. 1 was added.
In 2020 Borough Council officially decertified the original fire companies and certified the Catasauqua Firefighters Association as the sole provider of volunteer fire department service to the borough of Catasauqua, since all Fire Department services are now consolidated in the new Municipal Complex as of August 2017.